My Maryland Coloring Book
Celebrate Maryland with this adult coloring book with coloring images created to depict Maryland fun and history.
Maryland's state song, “Maryland, My Maryland”, is set to the tune of “Lauriger Horatius” — better known as the tune of “O Tannenbaum” or “O Christmas Tree”.
Size: 8.5″ x 11″
Coloring Pages: 35 single sided designs
- Additional information
Maryland is commonly referred to as “America in Miniature” and sometimes “Little America” because it’s home to some of the widest variety of terrain from mountains and farmland to beaches and sand dunes, also enjoying all four seasons.
Maryland is also packed with history:
- America’s national anthem was written by Francis Scott Key while watching the bombardment of Fort McHenry in Baltimore Harbor.
- In 1830 the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad Company built the first railroad station in Baltimore.
- 13-year old Edward Warren went airborne in the first successful manned balloon launch in the United States.
- Samuel F.B. Morse reportedly received the first telegraph message in Bladensburg, in 1844.
- The National Institute of Standards and Technology gave Gaithersburg the designation Science Capital of the US.
It is also famous for:
- Seafood, especially crabs
- Annapolis is known as the sailing capital of the world
- Havre de Grace is known as the decoy capitol of the world
- The White Marlin Open is the world’s largest billfish tournament
- United States Naval Academy was founded on October 10, 1845 at Annapolis
Celebrate Maryland with this adult coloring book with coloring images created to depict the fun in Maryland, what Maryland is known for, as well as its rich history. There is a fun fact about Maryland for every coloring image.
|Dimensions||11 x 8.5 x .25 in|